Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pringles Diffuser

An update on the Pringles can diffuser post .  I (okay, my wife!) bought a can of Pringles while grocery shopping tonight.  I quickly transferred the contents into a tupperware container and started cutting and taping. 
 
 

It only took me about 5 minutes, but the thing works pretty well.  Judge for yourself:

 The above shot used the Pringles can and on-board flash.

 The second shot used the flash only.


 This third shot used no flash (so obviously no diffuser either).

The diffuser allowed me to get a bit more focused on the shot, which is really what counts in macro photography.  I still couldn't get a really close up (using the full stack of extension tubes) shot with the lighting, I may need to experiment a bit more with it.  What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment