Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Kenko

I have been debating buying Kenko extension tubes for our camera for quite a while now. Everyone I know is sick to death of me talking about it, so I finally broke down and ordered a set.

Not sure what Kenko extension tubes are? They are tubes that attach to the camera body in between it and the lens. They contain no optics but allow the lens that is attached to focus much, much closer when attached. Essentially, they allow the photographer to get some extreme close-up shots. My hope is to use them with my 50mm F1.8 Canon lens for some macro photos. I've been told that that set up is a decent way to do macro photography on a budget.

Kenko is a bit of a knock off and is significantly less expensive than the Canon extension tube series. However, I've read lots of good reviews of the Kenko tubes and that's all I can afford right now so....that's what I got! I ordered them online and they are coming from Hong Kong. I'm expecting them sometime in the next two weeks. I'll do some comparison shots then so that you can see exactly what it is that they do. In the meantime, here is a link to the Kenko site. And here's a shot of the extension tube set from the Kenko site. Ohhh I can't wait until they get here!


2 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you got them...if only so you stop debating about it!

    p.s. - I have more mad money than you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh. Low blow about the mad money, Mrs. Tompkins. Low blow.

    ReplyDelete