Saturday, February 12, 2011

Gear

Up until about a year ago, I had only used Canon Powershots and a Samsung L74 ( fully automatic "point and shoot"). The Samsung was used to take the pictures of the camera that my wife and I upgraded to (pictured below). It's a Canon EOS Rebel XS. We also bought a 50 mm, 1.8 minimum aperture lens to go with it. It's a great, inexpensive lens that works wonders for getting up close portrait shots of our family.



This weekend, I rented a wide angle lens from Lethbridge Lens Rentals . The lens is a EF-S 10-22 mm, 3.5 - 4.5 (the pictures of this lens were taken with the 50mm on the Rebel, check out the difference!). I'm taking the rented wide angle lens out for a shoot with a photography buddy from work tomorrow. Stay tuned for some pics from that later in the week!




2 comments:

  1. What the heck, my comment got deleted!

    You should take the same pic with each lens for comparison. Then post them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent thought. However, I've already returned the lens! I'll remember to do that next time I rent one though.

    ReplyDelete